Puffs are the most popular snacks in India. We can see these crispy, flaky savory pastries in almost all the bakeries in India and which is liked by many along with their evening tea. When we were in India, we used to buy a lot of different varieties of filling in puff pastries.
Today I have made puffs with paneer filling. These are super simple to made and they are amazingly delicious. All you need to have is puff pastry sheets and paneer. You can also make the filling and shape them in triangles and store in the freezer. Whenever required remove the puffs from the freezer, thaw them till soft and bake till it gets cooked well. An appetizing snack which will be loved by all.
You can make puff pastry filling using chicken, mutton, vegetables of your choice or eggs. Egg Puffs are the most popular ones in India. I have posted about egg puffs long bake in my blog. In the US, we will get the veg puffs only in Indian store but not very frequently and to fulfill our desire of eating hot puffs, I will be making this regularly with different fillings which I mentioned above and this time it is with paneer. Hope you all will like this. Please try this out and let me know
- Cottage Cheese/ Paneer- 1 Cup
- Green chilies- 3 nos
- Onions- 1 no
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Grated Ginger- 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice- ½ tbsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cilantro( chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Thaw the puff pastry until it comes to room temperature and becomes soft.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and green chilies. Heat oil and splutter cumin seeds, add the onions and green chilies.
- Saute until translucent, add the grated ginger when the raw smells disappear add the spice powders and stir till everything gets blended.
- At last, add the grated paneer and required amount of salt with a dash of lemon juice and chopped cilantro. Mix and keep this aside.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into squares and in each square place a tbsp of the paneer mixture in the middle and fold the sheets in the form of a triangle. Press the sides of the sheets so that the filling won’t come out while baking.
- Arrange the prepared triangle puffs on a parchment paper and bake them for about 15- 20 minutes or till top gets browned. When done, cool them and serve along with tomato ketchup or just enjoy with hot tea.