The festive season has begun and Christmas is around the corner. I think everyone will be busy in baking goodies, plum cakes, ginger breads and so on. In my busy schedule nowadays, my little one insisted me to bake a cake as its been a while I made something interesting. So one day I started my bake-athon and made egg less banana almond cake, chocolate cupcakes, strawberry cupcakes, salt cookies and corn flake cookies. By the end of the day, I was too tired but happy to see the end result.
One more thing, last month was my blogs 4th anniversary !!
So here I am, raising a toast on my blog’s birthday and to celebrate this festive season, posting this amazingly delicious, soft and moist cake. Read, try, and enjoy …
Excuse me for not uploading the sliced cake picture, as it got over within minutes of slicing.. :)
- Bananas- 2 nos
- Wheat Flour- 1 ½ Cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Sugar- ¾ Cup
- Oil- ⅔ Cup
- Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
- Almonds (crushed)- ½ Cup
- Mash the bananas using fork till smooth paste and keep this aside.
- Sieve the wheat flour and baking powder.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Mix sugar, oil and vanilla essence using a hand mixer till the sugar is dissolved.
- In this add the sieved flour and fold gently little by little, till everything is mixed well. Add the crushed almonds into the cake batter. I have sprinkled chocolate pieces on top.
- Pour this in a greased cake tin and bake in a preheated oven for about 20- 30 minutes till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- When cooled slice the cake and serve.