Baked apple roses are just like apple pies but which looks like beautiful red roses. These apple roses are surprisingly easy to make , gorgeous presentation, best in taste.These make beautiful desserts for parties and kids will love them.
I have seen these apple roses many times , but never tried it. My SIL who is an incredible cook and who likes to try out a new variety of dishes sent me the pics of these baked roses which she made. You can see her work in one of my previous posts, which is chocolate roll cake. I was so excited to see the pics as I would never try these because my daughter is not a big lover of apples and moreover if we buy apples, it would either end up in a cake or we like to eat just like that.
This is a very easy dessert, in which the sliced apples, sprinkled with cinnamon powder are rolled in puff pastry sheets and baked. If you feel while baking the apples are getting browned, keep them on the lower rack. This will help the puff pastry sheets to cook well and the apple slices will be soft. Make sure that the apples are sliced using a sharp knife and very thin. For the preserve, you can also use apricot/ raspberry preserves of your choice. Hope you all like this.
- Apple- 1 big
- Lemon Juice- 2 tbsp
- Puff Pastry Sheet- 1 Sheet
- Cinnamon Powder- 2 tsp
- Strawberry Jam/ Preserve- 2 tbsp
- Cut the apple in half and remove the core. Cut the apples into paper thin slices and place this in a bowl filled with water. Add lemon juice and stir.
- Microwave this for about 3- 4 minutes. Remove the apple slices on a kitchen towel.
- Unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet. Using a rolling pin stretch the sheet into a rectangular sheet and using a sharp knife cut the sheet into 4-5 strips.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees C. Spread a thin layer of the strawberry jam / preserve on the sheets. Arrange the apple slices on the dough, overlapping one another, make sure the top of the apple is outside.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top and fold the bottom part of the dough, now starting from one end carefully roll from one end to the other and pressing with your fingers, keeping the apple slices as it is.
- Place this in a muffin pan. Repeat with the remaining apple slices and the dough and bake for about 35- 40 min. Sprinkle with some powdered sugar on top and enjoy.