This is one of the famous cookie recipes loved by all in my family. I make this often and stock it. I love to do the traditional cookie dip in steaming tea.
I think, I have been bitten by the baking bug as these days I am continuously baking some new dishes..:) It has become a habit that after coming from office, my Husband asks for any baked goodies. I am learning so many new recipes from all the books, diaries, so many websites, help from my Mom and so on..
These simple, yet delicious cookies got its name since they literally melt in the mouth and are heavenly. The wonderful aroma of these cookies while baking it in the oven fills the house that we cannot resist emptying the whole bunch of cookies. I am not worried about the oodles of weight that we are gaining after eating these butter cookies. I usually think once in a while its ok, but it ends up to be way too often :-)
These are also known as cornstarch cookies. I have added chocolate chips, as I love to bite into the gooey chocolaty chips.
- All purpose flour / Maida- ½ cup
- Corn Flour- ¼ cup
- Chocolate Chips- ¼ cup
- Butter- ¼ cup
- Powdered Sugar- ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Take butter and sugar in a bowl and beat well till fluffy and creamy.
- Add all purpose flour, corn flour and chocolate chips in the above butter mixture and mix well.
- Keep aside for some time and make small balls out of the dough and flatten them and place them on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 20- 25 minutes or till it turns little brown on the edges. Remove from oven and cool them on wire rack and store them in air tight containers.
Sending this to Christmas Delicacy, Sinful Delights, Let’s bake and be merry and CC- Holiday Baking.