After so much of baking, I am back with my curry recipes. This is a delicious side dish with rice which every one must try.
Pachadi is a side dish and a most wanted dish in all the sadhyas. We can make pachadi out of many vegetables, and mango is one of them. This can be made with ripe mangoes also. We can also add curd, depending upon the sourness of mangoes.
In most of the places raw mangoes are available almost all through the year. So once when I got mangoes to make pickle, my M-I-L made this pachadi out of one of the mangoes and turned out to be delicious. I had never tasted this before. Hmm.. my M-I-L was holding this recipe for last so many years... :)
This is one of the easiest recipes to make. This is not the season for mangoes but I couldn’t resist taking at least one mango when ever I see them in market, to make this yummy, tangy and delicious pachadi. Hope you all enjoy this.
- Raw mango- 1no(big)
- Coconut- 1cup
- Mustard seeds- 1tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Curry Leaves- few
- Green Chillies (slitted)- 2nos
- Onion (Chopped)- 1no
- Salt- as per taste
- Deskin, chop the mango into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil, crackle mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped onions and green chillies. Stir well till the raw smell of the onions disappear.
- In the above add the chopped mangos and cook till it softens. Add ½ cup water and let it cook for some time.
- Grind coconut and mustard seeds well and add this to the above mango mixture and cook in slow flame for few minutes. Do not let it boil for long, otherwise it will curdle.
- Serve hot like a side dish with steaming rice.