My kid is a huge fan of Cbeebies channel. She already knows each and every programme and at what time it comes. One after the other she tells about each and every programme. Like that one day when I was giving her lunch, I saw the programme called “ I can Cook”. In that, you all might know, kids will be cooking easy dishes and my kid loves this programme a lot. I saw this dish which was very easy to make and looks very cute. My little one was asking me how it will taste and all. So I thought of giving it a try and made it with the help of my kid.
These savory bites are so delicious and are very easy to make. Addition of butter, cheese and milk will make this more healthy and nutritious for kids. The herb used in this is dried thyme, which gives a unique taste and a scintillating aroma to the dish. We can sprinkle some sesame seeds on top while baking, but I like it this way - plain and simple.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida- 100 gms
- Butter- 25gms
- Milk- 4 tbsp
- Cheese- 4 tbsp
- Dried Thyme- 2 tbsp
- Mix the flour and butter with your fingers, till the mixture looks crumbly.
- In this add the dried thyme and grated cheese, mix well.
- Pour milk in the above mixture and knead it well till it becomes a soft ball. (If the dough looks dry we can add little more milk).
- With the help of a rolling pin roll out the dough like a chapati but little thick.
- Using any shape cutter, cut out shapes and place them on a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 190 Degrees C and bake it for about 10 - 15 minutes or till golden on top.
- Serve them when they are cooled.