Always in the morning it is a big headache to think about breakfast and also what to pack as snack for my kid. I had to think about nutritious, healthy and everyday different snack. Then one day my friend told me about this and I thought of giving it a try. This is a simple breakfast which can be made without any preparations and which is filled with lots and lots of nutrition and I am sure kids will love this. For this dish, you don’t need any side dish. We can have it just like that.
Poha is a very popular dish, but it varies from region to region. This is my version and I hope you will also love it.
- Flattened Rice- 1 Cup
- Boiled Potatoes (Cubed)- 2 nos
- Onions (chopped)- 1 no
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
- Roasted Peanuts- ½ handful
- Curry Leaves- few
- Green chillies- 2 nos
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as required
- Lemon Juice- 2 tbsp
- Wash the flattened rice well under running water and it drain.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Fry it for 1 min and add the chopped onions. Fry till it turns translucent.
- Add the roasted peanuts, salt and cubed potatoes and mix well.
- In this add the drained puffed rice, mix well. Add the turmeric powder and lemon juice over the poha and mix till all blends well. Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy...