This is my M-I-L’s preparation, which was a hit among our friends and family. This is a perfect combination of prawns and drumstick with the perfect balance of the tanginess from raw mangoes, which makes this curry irresistible.
- Prawns- 250 gms
- Drumsticks- 2 nos
- Raw Mango- 1 no
- Coconut (grated)- ½ no
- Green Chillis (slitted)- 3 nos
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves- few
- Shallots- 2 nos
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Clean the prawns and keep it aside. Meanwhile cook the drumsticks adding little water, green chillies, salt and red chilli powder.
- Grind the coconut to form a smooth paste.
- Add the cleaned prawns and raw mango pieces to the drumstick mixture and boil till it gets cooked well.
- Add the ground coconut paste and mix along with turmeric powder and salt.
- Bring this to boil and simmer for about 5 - 10 minutes. Keep this aside.
- For tempering add oil to a kadi and splutter mustard seeds, sliced shallots and curry leaves.
- Pour this over the above made curry and serve this along steaming hot rice.