Chilli mushroom is a classic Chinese dish which will be loved by those who like mushrooms. This is a simple and easy dish which can be prepared very quick. Chilli mushroom tastes awesome along with fried rice, rotis, naan, bread or even with plain rice.
This is a spicy dish as we are adding red chilli paste and also green chillies. We can also make this dish dry, by not adding corn flour dissolved water.
- Mushrooms- 250 gms
- Capsicum (cubed)- 1 no
- Onions (Cubed)- 2 nos
- Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies (Slit)- 3 nos
- Soya Sauce- 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli powder- ½ tbsp
- Crushed pepper powder- ½ tbsp
- Corn Flour- 1 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Chop the mushrooms and clean them in turmeric and salt dissolved water. Keep it for some time.
- Heat oil, add the cubed onions and stir fry on medium flame till they turn transparent.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, green chillies, cubed capsicum and stir for few minutes.
- Add the cleaned mushrooms, stir till the water is absorbed and it should look dry.
- In this add the soya sauce, red chilli powder and crushed pepper powder.
- For the gravy, dissolve the corn flour in 2 tbsps of water. Now slowly pour this corn flour mixture in the above dry mushroom. Stir well so that it won’t form any lumps.
- When the sauce is thick enough, remove from heat and serve hot along with fried rice, bread or even plain rice.