As my little one is keeping me busy all the time, I am unable to spend much time on my blog. Then too whenever I get time, I like to read my fellow bloggers posts’ and would try to write a new post. As my parents are here to take care of the baby, I got some time to try out my favourite chicken tikka which is served as a starter in almost all the restaurants.
|Marinated chicken and vegetables|
Chicken tikka is an easy to cook dish, in which boneless chicken pieces are marinated in yogurt and spice mix and then grilled in oven. Traditionally, this chicken tikka is made in clay oven.
When we visited UK, I was really surprised to see the packets of chicken tikka masala in almost all the supermarkets. I came to know later that Chicken Tikka is a hugely popular dish in the UK. It's there in the menu of almost all restaurants serving Asian food. Here is the amazing recipe of chicken tikka in which I have also added capsicum, onions and tomatoes. So sit back, relax and enjoy...
- Boneless Chicken- 250 gms
- Capsicum (Cubed)- 2 nos
- Onions (Cubed)- 2 nos
- Tomatoes (Cubed)- 2 nos
- Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves- few
- Garam Masala Powder- ½ tsp
- Curd- 1Cup
- Salt- as required
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl, mix curd, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves, salt, ginger and garlic paste finely.
- Add this mixture over the chicken, tomatoes, capsicum and onion pieces and mix well with hand, so that everything will be well incorporated.
- Meanwhile soak the bamboo skewers in water for about 30 minutes. Thread the marinated chicken, capsicum, tomato and onions one after the other on the skewers. Repeat the process till all the pieces are threaded in the skewer.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and grill the chicken skewers for about 30- 40 minutes.(Place these skewers on the top most rack that is near to the coil). Smear oil and turn the skewers in between, so that it will get cooked evenly.
- When it is done, remove them on a plate and enjoy this along with mint chutney.