During our stay all across Andhra, my mom has learnt a variety of Andhra recipes. Among those dishes, mutton palak is one of our favorite dishes.
Mutton is cooked till tender along with spinach. Spinach is a good source of calcium and iron and so when it is cooked along with mutton, it leaves an immense flavor which am sure that you will not say no to. Spinach and mutton is a yummy finger licking combination. Just try this out and you will gobble up the entire dish.
- Mutton- ½ kg
- Palak/ Spinach- a bunch
- Onions( Sliced)- 2 nos
- Green Chillies (slitted)- 3 nos
- Potato- 1 no ( cubed)
- Ginger and Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Curry Leaves- few
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a cooker, add the sliced onions and fry till they turn translucent. Add the ginger and garlic paste and green chillies. Stir well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Stir and add the mutton pieces with required amount of salt and curry leaves.
- Stir in the chopped spinach. Mix. At last add the garam masala powder and required amount of water. Close the cooker and cook on medium flame till the mutton is well cooked.
- Serve hot along with rice or roti.