Prawns pulav is a simple and an easy dish to prepare within minutes. I made this within 30 minutes before going out as I had marinated prawns kept in the freezer for frying. To avoid consuming too much of oil if fried stuff, I thought of an easy way to have this marinated prawns and it came out perfect.
The perfect blend of spices and the flavors of prawns combined in rice makes this a very tasty and yummy pulav which each and every prawn lover would love to try.
Poppy seeds will be always there in my kitchen as I like to add them in chicken or egg gravy. Just take a spoonful and grind along with tomatoes or anything that goes well with it.
- Prawns (washed and deveined)- 100 gms
- Onions (sliced)- 3 nos
- Red Chilli powder- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Cloves- 4 nos
- Cinnamon- 1 no
- Cardamom- 4 nos
- Rice- 2 Cups
- Water- 2 ½ Cups
- Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes- 2 nos
- Poppy Seeds/ Khus khus- 2 tsp
- Green Chillies- 3 nos
- Coriander leaves- ¼ bunch
- Grind the ingredients that are in “the grind” to a fine paste. Keep this aside
- Wash and soak the rice for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Marinate the prawns with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt for about 2 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and splutter the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom seeds. Add the sliced onions and when they turn translucent add the ground mixture and stir till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the marinated prawns. Stir well. Add water accordingly and when it starts boiling add the soaked rice, mix and close the cooker without the whistle.
- Let this cook on low flame for about 15- 20 minutes, switch off the flame.
- When it cools down open and serve along with raita.