I am back with an amazingly delicious tangelicious dish from Kerala which is prepared along with sadya or even otherwise. It's been more than a month since I have fed my cute little space with newer recipes. Because of the relocation, I was damn busy in packing and unpacking the things, adjusting to new place, new environment, busy with kids and so on… Now since everything is settling down, I thought of sharing some new dishes and I promise, I will be more regular from now on ..:-)
This raw mango curry was there in my draft and so I thought this is the perfect dish to get back during this Onam season. But again got busy with other works and so this got delayed by a day or two. This is an amazing dish which can be served with hot steamed rice. I love any dish that is made with raw mangoes and this one of my favorite. In this recipe, the raw mangoes along with onions and green chillies are cooked along with ground coconut and spices. This is a very easy dish which can be made within minutes.
- Raw Mango( Peel and slice)- 1 no
- Onions( Sliced)- 1 no
- Green Chillies- 3 nos
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Grated Coconut- ¼ Cup
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Dried Red Chillies- 2 nos
- Mustard Seeds- 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves- few
- Salt- as required
- GRind the coconut, garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste and keep this aside.
- In a bowl add the sliced mangoes, onions, green chillies, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix well using hand. Place this on medium heat and add little water and salt. Let this cook till the mangoes turn soft.
- Add the ground coconut paste into the above curry n mix well. Cook this for about 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- For seasoning, add oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and dried red chillies. Add this to the above mango curry. Mix well and serve along with hot steaming rice.