The best way to start a new year is with a perfectly baked chocolate brownies, which is little crisp from outside and moist from inside. Actually I wanted to post a lot during Christmas and new year, but due to unexpected travelling, I couldn't plan anything for my blog.
Yesterday was my daddy’s (father- in- law's) birthday and so this is the perfect post on this occasion. Nothing much has changed after marriage, I was my dad’s pet and now I am my dad- in - law's pet. He’s so loving, caring, friendly, supportive and more over I can share anything with him. He loves to try new cuisine and whenever he visits us, I try new recipes. Whatever I make, even though it didn't come out quite well, he will be like “ yummy, perfect, I want more”... :)
He loves my cakes and bakes a lot and so I thought the brownie will be an ideal dish for this occasion. I have made chocolate brownies before, but here I have added bournvita for the extra taste and colour. I am sad that he couldn't taste it, but when he visits us I am sure going to make this delicious chocolate brownies. He will love it. Just try this easy, simple brownies and you won't stop with one….
- Cooking Chocolate- 100 gms
- Butter- ½ Cup
- All Purpose Flour- 1 Cup
- Baking Powder- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1 Cup
- Bournvita-3 tbsp
- Eggs-2 nos
- Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
- Melt the chocolate along with butter in a microwave and keep this aside.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder. Beat eggs along with vanilla essence till fluffy and creamy. Add sugar and mix well.
- Mix the flour in the egg mixture. In this add bournvita and the chocolate mixture. Fold well.
- Pour this in a greased square pan and bake for about 10 minutes or till the skewer inserted in the brownie comes out clean.
- Cut into pieces and serve this along with a dollop of ice cream.