On my son’s first birthday my friend brought a small jar of homemade strawberry jam. That was the first time I tasted homemade jam, which was so juicy, slight tangy and with luscious red colour. I thought of making this, so one day gave a try and this amazingly delicious soft, spreadable jam is made with very less ingredients, with not much hard work and within less time.
|Bubbling on the stove|
|Thick Strawberry jam|
I have added sliced strawberries, so my jam gives chunky pieces in between, if u want a smooth jam, just blend the strawberries well in a blender and make it. We won’t use jam very often, so I never tried making it at home. But after this I started to make different varieties of jams with different fruits. You can make it without any artificial colours or preservatives and a much healthier version at home rather than buying it from store.
It is so easy to make that just add all the ingredients together and stir once in awhile till you get thick jam like consistency and transfer into sterilized jars. Try this out and you will come to know how easy it is to make a delicious and healthy jam by simply sitting at home.
- Strawberries( chopped)- 2 cups
- Sugar- ½ Cup
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Heat a nonstick pan and chopped strawberries, sugar and lemon juice, one after the other.
- Keep this on medium flame and once the strawberries starts to leave the juice simmer the flame and mix in between.
- Stir in between, otherwise it will get stuck to the bottom. The jam to get ready will take about 20- 25 minutes.
- When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan means it's ready, or else to check whether it is ready or not just put a small portion of jam on a plate and when it is cooled it will set without any water left. This means the jam is ready to take out.
- When it is cooled, transfer the jam into a sterilized bottle and enjoy delicious and yummy jam within minutes.