Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Kovakka Peera/ Ivy Gourd in Coconut


I love ivy gourd in any form. Whenever my mom prepares this vegetable, I am the one who will be finishing the whole dish. After my marriage, I rarely prepare this vegetable, as my husband is not a big fan of this vegetable.


I usually make stir fry out of this, I never knew that something delicious can be made using coconut. We make meen peera (fish in coconut) the same way. This tastes better the next day. Just try this dish and you will really love this ...
Ingredients:
  1. Kovakka/ Ivy Gourd( cut lengthwise)- 250 gms
  2. Grated Coconut- ½ Cup
  3. Green Chillies- 3 nos
  4. Shallots- 3 nos
  5. Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
  6. Ginger- ½ inch
  7. Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
  8. Curry leaves- few
  9. Oil- 1 tbsp
  10. Salt- as required
  11. Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
  12. Kokum- 2 pieces
Method:

  1. Grind coconut, green chillies, onions, ginger, cumin seeds to a coarse paste.
  2. Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and then add  curry leaves, ivy gourd, kokum, coarsely ground paste. Add a little water and cover and cook on low flame for about 5-7 min. Mix in between.
  3. Enjoy with hot rice.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...