Crispy fried okra is a perfect snack or appetizer which will be enjoyed by all at any time. Kurkuri means crispy and bhindi means okra.
Okra is marinated in spices, coated with flour which is then fried to perfect. This is a great side dish along with dal and rice. My little one eats them directly from the time it is drained on the kitchen towel.
I love all the curries made out of okra. As a kid, I used to tell my mom to prepare simple okra fry a lot. But my husband is completely opposite. As you all might know by this time that he doesnt like many vegetables and okra being one among them. The dish using okra is not made regularly, but sometimes I do want some dishes which are dear to my heart and which I grew up eating. Luckily my daughter loves any dish made out of okra.
This crispy fried lady finger I made one day and she loved. This is like an after school snack for her. Spicy, Crispy, crunchy okra is simply appetizing. Just try this out and let me know.
- Okra/ Lady Finger- 250 gms
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder- ½ tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Besan/ Gram Flour- 3 tbsp
- Rice Flour- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Oil- for frying
- Wash and pat dry okra. Cut the okras vertically into thin slices.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except oil. In this mix the sliced okras slowly by slightly rubbing them till all the spices are well blended. Add small amount of water to combine the okra with the powders. Keep this for about 10- 15 minutes.
- Heat oil for frying. When it is hot drop the battered okra without overcrowding. Fry well till they turn golden brown. Place them on kitchen towel. Repeat with the remaining battered okra.
- Crispy and crunchy okra is ready to be served.