Thursday, July 4, 2019

Chimichurri Sauce


There are so many variations in the world of Chimichurri, it's difficult to say which preparation is authentic. Chimichurri is a loose- oil based sauce used to accompany barbecued meats or veggies. Chimichurri is a condiment or marinade similar to a pesto. This is an uncooked sauce originated from Argentina.
From my garden...


It is a combination of finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and so on. Here in this recipe, I have used a handful of cilantro to enrich the flavors. Adding the cilantro is optional, as I had this at home, I added and it tasted perfect. Chimichurri sauce may be basted or brushed or marinated on meat or it can be served as a dip on the side.


I came to know about this sauce when I saw my friend's Instagram post about making this delicious sauce. She frequently makes this sauce and posts pictures of the homemade sauce, which made me try this out, as I had lots of parsley in my small garden. I made this and my green- leaf hater husband found this tasty and started adding this to marinate meat. My version looks very creamy because I ground it in a blender instead of food processor and not oily, as I added little amount of oil. However this might look, it tastes yummm. This super yummy, tasty, tangy sauce is worth a try.


Ingredients:

  1. Parsley- 3/4 Cup
  2. Cilantro- 3/4 Cup
  3. Garlic Cloves- 7- 8 nos
  4. Onion- 1/2 no
  5. Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
  6. Vinegar- 1 tbsp
  7. Lemon Juice- 1 no
  8. Lemon Zest- 1
  9. Olive Oil- 3 tbsp
  10. Salt- as required

Method:

  1. In a blender, add the cilantro leaves, parsley leaves, garlic cloves, onions and pepper powder. Give it a nice blend.
  2. Mix with a spatula, add the required amount of salt, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and at last olive oil. Blend and transfer to a glass jar and store it in  refrigerator and use it as required.



2 comments:

  1. Have always heard of this sauce, never tried making it. Love the vibrant green

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...