Friday, September 6, 2019

Cream of Mushroom Soup



It's slowly becoming cold during night time and a better way to enjoy cold weather is by making a warm, richer, creamier soup that will be liked by all in your family. This mushroom soup was rich without being heavy and delightfully earthy. I suggest pairing this with warm oven toasted bread. That's how I like to slurp my soup.


To make this delicious soup , I used 3 portobella mushrooms, they give nice flavor and the lovely color to the soup. This is a chunky soup, if you want your soup to be more pureed, just use the immersion blender and blend well. As the mushrooms are roasted along with garlic, it gives an amazing flavor to the soup.


I make this soup once in two weeks as my family loves it a lot. My daughter is a big fan of this soup and likes a warm soup after coming back from school. She is like me, I like mushrooms a lot. As a kid, I remember, my dad used to bring lots of tiny mushrooms on the way back home after a morning walk. He plucked fresh mushrooms from the woods that used to pop up after a rainy day. My mom makes amazing dishes out of them. Feeling very nostalgic. In my native, we see these mushrooms in our backyard. They grow after a stromy night. They are edible and are so tiny. They used to grow in a large groups.
Ingredients:

  1. Mushrooms (chopped)- 2 Cups
  2. Onions(chopped)- 1 no
  3. Garlic (crushed)- 2 nos
  4. Flour- 2 tbsp
  5. Salt- as required
  6. Pepper Powder- 1 tbsp
  7. Dried Herbs-1 tbsp
  8. Water/ Broth- 3 Cups
  9. Cream- 1/2 Cup
  10. Butter- 1 tbsp

Method:

  1. Heat butter in a pan, add the crushed garlic, stir for a min on a high flame.
  2. Lower the flame and add the chopped onions along with chopped mushrooms. Stir well and let this cook till all the water gets evaporated. Mix in between.
  3. When the mushroom becomes soft, add the dried herbs, in another bowl mix the flour, salt, pepper powder and water. 
  4. Add this flour mixture into the cooked mushroom, mix well till everything gets well blended. Bring to a boil, stir and cook until thickened.
  5. Stir in the cream, simmer until the flavors are blended, approximately 15 minutes. Switch off the flame and enjoy with oven toasted bread.



1 comment:

  1. love mushroom soup, but always the one in a can. This looks so yumm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...