Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Sharjah Shake- An Authentic Kerala Smoothie...


Sharjah shake is not a drink from Sharjah but it is one of the favorite drinks of my native state Kerala, India. It is a drink loved by almost all Keralites. Sharjah shake is originated from Calicut in Kerala. Whenever I visit my home town, I make sure I don't miss this shake and will have frequently. We love this shake a lot. In Kerala, almost every juice shop,  this is available. Now more new flavors and ingredients are added to this shake but I like the simple, original one which has a malt flavor. A perfect drink among guests and family.


For a simple Sharjah shake the key ingredients are ripe bananas, horlicks/boost, nuts that is combined to a perfect, delicious, tasty Sharjah shake. This just takes less than 10 minutes and will be a super hit. As bananas are the base of this drink, this will be thick and sweet. It is quite filling. If we want we can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, here I didn't as I wanted it plain. I am warning you this is very ADDICTIVE!!!! As Ramadan fasting is going on, we like to drink different juices while breaking the fast and so this is one among and will always love this.


To get the authentic milk shake parlor version, freeze the milk and break into chunks and blend with other ingredients. There are countless variations in the making of this shake, but this is mine and very flexible. Please try this and let me know.
Ingredients:

  1. Frozen Milk- 2 Cups
  2. Ripe Bananas- 1 large/ 2 small
  3. Horlicks/ Boost- 2 tbsp
  4. Sugar- 1 tbsp(optional)
  5. Cashew nuts- 4 nos

Method:

  • Blend together all the ingredients and pour in a tall glass top it with roasted cashew nuts and vanilla ice cream.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...