Wishing you all Eid Mubarak and a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ...This creamy, smooth, thick and chilled dessert is something I always loved. This is a very tasty dessert which can be made using very less ingredients. Just a little time consuming, but the result is definitely worth the effort. We can adjust the sweetness according to the taste.
Once I tried this in a restaurant called “Mast Kalander”, after a hearty meal, we ordered “Malpua with Rabdi” for dessert. That was the first time I tasted this delicious dish and simply fell in love with this amazing combination.
In my earlier posts I posted the recipe of Malpua and this time I am posting this amazing sweet to celebrate Eid. This is an amazing combination even with jilebi and gulab jamun. I tried both while the Rabdi was left in my refrigerator. Will post the jilebi recipe very soon.
Rabdi tastes even more wonderful when stored and served in earthern pots.
- Milk (Full cream milk)- 1ltr
- Pistachios- a handful
- Cardomom powder- 1tsp
- Sugar (optional)- 2tbsp
- In a wide mouthed heavy bottomed non stick pan boil the full cream milk on slow flame.
- Keep stirring often, a thin layer of malai / cream will form on top surface, keep folding it in and boil till the milk becomes thick and is reduced to one- fourth of its original quantity.
- Add sugar and cook till the sugar is completely dissolved. It is optional to use sugar. I liked this without sugar.
- Mix in the cardamom powder and slivered pistachios. remove from heat and let it cool.
- When it attains room temperature transfer into a small earthen pot (Matki) and refrigerate and serve chilled.