Hello my dear friends, I am back from Kerala after a short vacation. Had a lovely time there, enjoyed a lot and now with a lot of holiday hangover, I am back to my daily routine.
In the meanwhile, I tried making this apple cake, which is very easy to prepare and bakes quickly. This will be loved by all, as my parents who does not have too much of a sweet teeth also loved this and were not stopping with one or two. I grew up eating the vanilla cake which my mom used to make and in those days, there was not much of such special fruit cake preparations.
Recently, as there were so many apples left over at home, I thought of giving it a try and made this as I had a recipe ready in hand. This is a very easy and simple cake within minutes.
Apple cake is a popular dessert in which the main ingredient is of course, apple. In this, various spices such as nutmeg powder or cinnamon powder can be added which gives the cake an unique flavor.
- Apple (washed and diced)- 1cup
- All purpose flour- 1 ½ cups
- Sugar- 1cup
- Cinnamon powder- 1tsp
- Baking soda- 2tsp
- Vanilla Essence- 1tsp
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Egg- 1no
- Salt- a pinch
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sift the all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix egg and sugar in a bowl till frothy. Add this in the above dry ingredients. In this add vanilla essence and oil and mix well without any lumps.
- Add the apple pieces in the above mixture and stir well.
- Grease the baking tray with butter and flour. Pour the above mixture in the pan and bake for about 40- 45 minutes.
- When it is done, cool it on a wire rack and decorate as you wish.