Celebrating Eid and my blog's first birthday.... Eid Mubarak to all my near and dear ones...
Yes, there are two occassions for me to celebrate this week. Id al Zuha and my blog’s first birthday comes on the same day. It has been exactly one year since I started my blog to share my recipes with all you friends. Ever since, I have got to meet very talented and creative people all around the world, got wonderful and lovely friends and learnt a whole lot of cooking, much more than I could ever imagine.
I reckon, my blogging idea started one day when I was preparing something in the kitchen and my husband came and commented that I should start writing a blog since I spend a lot of my time google-ing recipes and reading the various blogs. At first I laughed it off, but after a few days, he himself took the initiative to start this blog and here I am.
I never imagined that my blog will have any followers or that anyone will comment on the posts :-) But today I am quite excited with the response I am getting from all of you. I would like to once again thank my inspiration and well-wisher, Nagalakshmi.
I got this home made blue berry jam which my husband’s colleague gifted him, when he was in US last month. I thought of making this cake since I always liked blue berry and wanted to do some recipes with it.
In this recipe, we can also use the whole blueberries. Blue berry is an excellent antioxidant.
- Blueberry jam / Crush / Whole berry - 4tbsp
- Cream Cheese- 2cups
- Whipping Cream- 1cup
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Sugar- ¼ cup
- Vanilla Essence- 1tsp
- Marie biscuits- 1pckt
- Butter (melted)- 50gms
- Cinnamon powder- 1tsp
- Sugar- 3tbsp
- Crush the marie biscuits with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- In this add the melted butter, cinnamon powder and sugar and crumble well till it resembles sand.
- Press this onto the bottom of greased 9- inch spring form pan and chill in refrigerator.
- Blend the cream cheese, whipping cream, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla essence until smooth. In this mix 3tbsp of blueberry jam.
- Spread this over the refrigerated crumb base and smooth the edges with a spatula.
- Keep this in the refrigerator overnoght or till it is completely set and firm.
- Run knive around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Release pan sides and t ransfer to a platter.
- Decorate and enjoy yummy and creamy dessert.
If there are no berries, then we can simply make the cheese cake.