I never knew that something like Jam squares exists :) I simply made a cake and as my little one loves jam a lot I spread the jam over the cake and cut it into small squares and when she asked me for the name, I just told her that these are called “Jam squares”.
When I googled for jam squares, there were a lot of recipes in this name and I was really surprised.
My little one was finishing them quite fast and I was hurrying to get the snaps :-) My in-laws and granny were here at the time when I made this and they loved the taste and I am sure that this will be an instant hit among the kids and as well as elders.
I am dedicating this recipe to our very own “Jammy” for his brilliant 100 at the Eden Gardens :-)
- All purpose flour / Maida- ½ cup
- Corn flour- 1tbsp
- Baking powder- 1tsp
- Vanilla Essence- 1tsp
- Eggs- 2nos
- Castor Sugar- ½ cup
- Mixed Fruit Jam- 3tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and line a baking tray with greased butter and all purpose flour. keep it aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar till pale yellow colour and creamy texture.
- Sift the flour, corn flour and baking powder well and mix this in the above egg mixture. Stir in the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Spread the prepared batter in the greased tray and bake for about 15 minutes.
- When it is done, cool it on a wire rack. Trim the edges of the cake.
- Mix the jam well and spread it on the cake and cut in the form of squares and enjoy.
- As a spread you can use any jam of your choice.
- Sprinkling some nuts on top of the jam will make a difference.
I am sending this to the bake fest event hosted by Vardhini and also to Christmas Delicacy an event hosted by Julie.