I have seen these rolls in so many blogs and simply fell in love with the shape they take after baking. So I thought of trying this one day. My daughter liked this so much, that I made this thrice and every time she was enjoying till the last bite :)
With the onset of winter, we all like to have something hot and fresh and this one turns out to be a perfect evening snack. While these are baking in the oven, the house is filled with the aroma of garlic and bread and they are irresistible.
This one is quite a tempting recipe, that I like to make them again and again. I used all the dried herbs which I had in my pantry for the spread and they tasted awesome and was a treat for 4 out of my 5 senses, sight, smell, feel and taste :-)
So here is the recipe of delicious and tasty rolls.
Recipe adapted from Nags
- All purpose flour- 1 ½ cups
- Yeast ½ tbsp
- Warm water- ½ cup
- Salt- a pinch
- Sugar- 1tbsp
- Olive Oil- 1tbsp
- Butter- 6tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Garlic (crushed and Chopped)- 3tbsp
- Dried herb (Thyme and Dill)- 1tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (Chopped)- 2tbsp
|Spreading the garlic paste and rolling from one end|
- Make the garlic spread by mixing all the required ingredients for the spread and keep it aside.
- Take 1 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and add the yeast (I used dry yeast). Let it rest for some 5 minutes and mix well.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar,olive oil and dissolved yeast together in a bowl till it forms a sticky dough.
- Add oil to finger tips and knead well. Wrap it in a cling film or a damp cloth till it doubles in size. I kept it for 1hour.
- Meanwhile grease the baking pan in which you are going to bake the rolls.
- After resting for 1 hour knock down the air in the dough by kneading well and divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Spread one portion of the divided dough on a floured surface in the shape of circle. Apply more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Spread half of the garlic spread with the help of a spoon. Roll from one end firmly and cut into 4 or 5 equal parts.
- Place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pans.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough and place them in the greased pan.
- Apply the remaining garlic spread and little milk on top of the rolls.
- Let it sit for another 20 minutes, meanwhile pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Meanwhile the house will be filled with the aroma of garlic bread.
- These will be soft and moist and serve hot.
- We must be careful while adding warm water. It depends upon the quality of the dough. Sometimes we require more water and sometimes less.
- While rolling, we must take care that it should be very firm otherwise it will loosen up while baking. Mine was like that.