Last week our house was getting repainted and I was not too much into cooking. Recently my brother bought me loads of dark and white cooking chocolates and along with the house painting, I thought of preparing some easy stuff with those chocolates, before the kitchen got messier with the painting work.
I was in search of chocolate recipes and I stumbled upon this really simple and easy preparation. This can be prepared with just 2 ingredients that are very common and handy. Even a small kid can make this with the help of an adult to melt the chocolate.
In the original recipe which I saw, the chef adds all kinds of nuts. But as I am very fond of peanuts, I added only those. In general I love adding peanuts in certain desserts like the hot chocolate fudge (which is my most favorite ice cream).
This preparation is ideal for a gift. Taking a bite into the melted chocolate along with the crunchiness of peanuts is just amazing.
- Dark Chocolate- 250gms
- White chocolate- 250gms
- Peanuts- 3cups (1 ½ cups for each chocolate)
- Roast the peanuts in a skillet, remove the skin when cooled and keep it aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. when it is fully melted add the roasted peanuts and mix well till all the peanuts are coated with chocolate.
- On a parchment paper, drop one scoop of the peanut- chocolate mixture. Repeat till mixture gets finished.
- Keep this in refrigerator for 4- 5 hours or till it is well set.
- Repeat the same above process for the white chocolate and enjoy the choco rocks when needed.
- We can add any type of nuts like the almonds, walnuts, cashews and so on. We can also use marsh mellows instead of nuts.