When I bought some packets of dried cranberries, I only had one thing in my mind that I have to make a loaf cake which I saw in Veg bowl blog long ago. After I reached home at the first opportunity, started making this loaf cake which turned out yumm..
|Please ignore the crack on the cake..:)|
I have used the exact ingredients as I want the same flavor and texture as in the blog.
My kid who only eats either one or two slices of cake, ate this cake more than 5 pieces one after the other... :) The cranberries are coated in the flour before adding this in the cake batter so that it is evenly distributed in the cake or else it will settle down in the bottom.
- Dried Cranberries- handful
- Flour- 1 ½ Cup
- Sugar- 1 Cup
- Yogurt- 1 Cup
- Butter- ½ Cup
- Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Baking Soda- ¼ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the yogurt and sugar till becomes smooth and creamy. In this add the baking powder and baking soda and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In the above mixture add vanilla essence and softened butter. Stir till all the ingredients are blended.
- Add the flour in portions and mix well. Coat the cranberries in flour and add this in the above cake batter.
- Pour this in a greased loaf pan and bake this for about 40- 45 minutes. It is done when a fork inserted in the cake comes out clean. A delicious tea time cake is ready to eat.