After a nice and refreshing evening walk when we were back home, the entire house was filled with the warming smell of hot pakodas. The scintillating smell of the fresh pakodas dragged us to the kitchen where my SIL was preparing this snack along with tea. Quickly I grabbed one and as I ate I was surprised by the taste as it was not the regular pakoda and it was made of cashews. I never knew that we can make pakodas using cashew nuts.The crispy inside and the crunchy outside snack will be a hit in parties or get togethers.
- Cashew nuts- 1 Cup
- Besan- ½ cup
- Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- as required
- Oil- to fry
- Mix the besan, chilli powder, salt and cashew nuts in a bowl.
- Sprinkle water little by little in the above bowl till it forms a soft dough.
- Heat a kadai with enough oil to fry.
- Slowly drop the dough in small batches and deep fry these till it turns golden and crispy.
- Serve it hot along with ketchup / evening tea.