Ramadhan is a month of fasting and feasting. It is a test of will, self control and being greatful for what one has in their lives. I was looking forward for this month, so that I can wake up for sehri, fasting, reading quran, after fasting the whole day trying to make new dishes for iftar and so on...
I like everything about this month. The most important thing I like to eat is ice creams. You all might be thinking that after iftar who will eat an ice cream as a dessert, but trust me this is the best thing which can be had anytime anyone with a sweet tooth can enjoy.
Usually the iftar table is full of different variety of dishes from traditional to non traditional recipes, along with that an ice cream is something different that you can try. This ice cream I have made using fresh mangoes and with very minimal ingredients. The cream I used is amul cream. Just try it out and see.
- Ripe Mangoes- 2 nos
- Sugar- ½ Cup
- Cream- 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
- Take out the pulp from the ripe mangoes and blend it to a smooth paste along with sugar and lemon juice.
- Whip the Cream and fold it in the above mango mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a container and place it in the freezer to set.
- When it is half set, blend it in the mixture till soft and keep this again in freezer.
- Again repeat the process of blending for 1-2 times and keep this in freezer till firm. Serve and enjoy a yummy and delicious mango ice cream.