Thursday, January 23, 2014

Vanilla and Coffee layered Cake with Coffee Cream Frosting and Chocolate Decorations

I was in deep thought from so many days as what to bake for our wedding anniversary and this is what I finalised at last after googling through some of the amazing cakes from the site “Passionate about Baking”. You all might know that this blog has many lip smacking cakes and the food pics are really a feast to the eyes. I choose this cake dish as all the ingredients were available easily.


I have modified the original recipe a bit. I just made the vanilla cake the way it was in the original recipe. For the coffee cake I used my own version which I had posted earlier in my blog. I assembled the two cakes alternatively along with coffee syrup and coffee cream frosting. Finally, I decorated the cake with chocolate decorations and jelly which I had prepared for my little one.


You will love this cake if you are a fan of coffee flavor.



Adapted From Passionate about Baking:
Ingredients:
Vanilla Sponge Cake:
  1. Flour- 75 gms
  2. Baking powder- 1 tsp
  3. Eggs- 3 nos
  4. Sugar- 75 gms
  5. Milk- 2 tbsp
  6. Olive oil- 2 tbsp
  7. Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Method:
  • Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
  • Sieve the flour and baking powder. Keep it aside.
  • Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract well over a big bowl of simmering water, till it doubles the quantity for about 5- 7 minutes.
  • Add the flour mixture in the above mixture and alternately with oil and milk. Fold well.
  • Pour this in a greased cake pan and bake for about 30 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
  • After the cake cools down, cut it in two slices.
For Coffee Cake layer:
  • You can follow my Coffee Cake recipe.
  • After the coffee cake completely cools down, slice the cake into 2 layers.
For the Coffee Syrup:
  • Hot Water- ½ Cup
  • Sugar- 2 tbsp
  • Coffee Powder- 2 tbsp
Method:
  • Mix all the ingredients required for the syrup and let it cool.
For the Coffee Whipped Cream:
  • Whipping Cream- 1 Cup
  • Sugar- as required
  • Coffee Powder- 2 tbsp
Method:
  • Whip the cream, sugar and coffee powder well to form stiff peaks.
Assembling the cake:

  • Place a layer of coffee cake on a card board base or a cake plate.
  • Sprinkle lightly coffee syrup on the coffee cake and spread a portion of coffee cream uniformly to the sides.
  • Over this place a layer of vanilla sponge cake and repeat the process of syrup and cream.
  • Finish of with the remaining layers and spread the coffee cream evenly onto the side using a spatula.
  • Garnish the cake using chocolate decorations and jelly as you want. Chill the cake until ready to serve.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...