Who doesn’t like a hot steaming cup of soup on a cold evening. After coming to this new place, our hunger pangs have increased and so we are munching on something or the other all the time. Junk, unhealthy, healthy,... anything goes :-)
So to reduce the junk intake, I thought of preparing some delicious healthy dishes and one among them is this amazingly lovely smooth silky soup made out of garlic.
We all know that garlic has so many medicinal benefits and is a very good immune booster.I thought this would be a perfect soup for my husband who is a big garlic fan and so I googled many recipes and got this method, which is very simple and which requires noodles, that is a perfect for my daughter who is crazy about noodles in any form. Just try this out and I bet nothing feels as warm and comforting like a hot bowl of garlic soup.
Adapted From fxcuisine.com
- Garlic Cloves- 20-25 nos ( Chopped)
- Olive Oil- 3 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida- ¼ Cup
- Water- 2- 3 Cups
- Dried Herbs- 2 tbsps
- Hakka Noodles- a handful
- Salt- as required
- Pepper- a pinch
- Fresh Basil- for garnish
- Chop the garlic to very fine. Heat oil in a kadai, add the chopped garlic on low heat and stir well till they become soft and little brown in colour.
- Add the all purpose flour in the above garlic and mix well till the raw smell disappears and the flour gets mixed with the garlic infused oil and turns slightly brown in colour.
- In the above mixture add water and stir well without forming any lumps or else you will end up with lumpy flour soup. Here I used egg beater for a smooth texture.
- Add any dried herbs and simmer for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile crush the noodles lightly and add to the above soup. Mix till the noodles turn soft and cooked well.
- Switch of the flame add the required salt and pepper and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy this amazing soup on a cold evening.