The way of celebrating valentine's day has changed a lot in modern times. Gifting greeting cards, roses, chocolates, gift cards has become the recent trend of celebrating valentine's day.
Everyone has there own way of celebrating this day and so I have made chocolate pops which are dipped in pink candy melts and decorated with Nutella hearts.
I made this for the first time and fell in love with these cuties, that can be decorated however we want. These cute little cakes on a stick are really simple and easy to make.
- Chocolate Cake (crumbled)- 3 Cups
- Butter (at room temperature)- ¾ Cup
- Cocoa Powder- 4 tbsp
- Coffee Powder- 1 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar- ½ Cup
- Candy Melts- ½ Cup
- Cream the butter till it forms fluffy, light and cream in colour. In this add cocoa powder, coffee powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Add this in the crumbled cake mixture and mix properly with hand and make round balls of desired size. Insert cake pop sticks in each of the cake balls.
- Keep this refrigerated for about 1- 2 hours, so that it will be firm when dipped in the candy melts.
- Take the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and let it melt fully. In between stir well so that it won't get burnt.
- When the melted candy melts are cooled, dip each of the cake pops and give it a round and take it and let it rest on a thermocol base, till it becomes hard. I have dipped only half as I want it that way.
- Decorate it with nutella hearts or with sprinkles or with drizzling melted chocolate or as desired.