Crispy fried french fries are everyone's favorite snack. Me and my kids are really big lovers of these french fries, but thinking about calories, not always we can have them.
One evening , when it was raining, I thought about these mouthwatering french fries which we used to have every other day in India and so I got an idea of trying to bake the french fries as oven baked fries are a bit healthier than deep- fried. The oven baked ones are super simple, which has crispy outside and soft inside, without oozing the grease. Instead of becoming soft and soggy, they stay nice and crunchy as they cool off.
To make the fries crispy, just cut them to thin slices, which helps them to cook faster and get that golden brown crisp. While spreading on the parchment paper, make sure that they are not crowded.
We can simply bake these without adding any seasoning, but as my kids like the taste of garlic and parmesan cheese, I have added them. We can also use crushed garlic instead of garlic powder.
This garlic and parmesan is a basic flavor combo. You can also add smoked paprika, pepper and so on. Play with your own flavors and seasoning, you will love it….
- Potatoes- 4- 5 nos
- Garlic powder- 2 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Oregano- 1 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Grated Parmesan Cheese- 3 tbsp
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes in the shape of french fries.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl toss the potato strips with oil, crushed garlic/ garlic powder, salt, oregano, grated parmesan cheese well.
- Spread them on the lined parchment paper in one layer making sure they aren’t touching each other and bake for about 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crisp on the edges. Rotate the pieces halfway through the baking time.
- Top with some fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.