I am really excited to post today’s recipe. It is a part of a monthly challenge, which a group of bloggers will be posting the different variety of dishes from a selected blog. This is the first challenge and the recipe which we are posting here is an amazing food blogger, a doctor by profession. In her blog, every small detail of an ingredient is very well explained. The food pics are like a feast for the eyes. Perfect, crisp pics and mostly middle eastern dishes. She is Sawsan blogger at “Chef in Disguise”. Check her blog, you will instantly fall in love with her food pics.
It was very hard to select one dish from her blog, for the challenge, as there were many delightful and mouthwatering dishes and was very confusing to choose which one to try. After lots of searching, I got one which I was longing to try.
Biscotti is one of my favorite baked snacks. I have tasted almond biscotti and thought of giving it a try. But for this challenge, I found this honey sesame biscotti, which looked very different and thought of giving it a try.
Biscotti means twice baked, which will become dry while baking the second time and so it can be stored for long periods of time.
|Ready to get baked second time|
A perfect refreshment during tea time. A crunchy, caramelized topping of honey, with sprinkled sesame, is a classical cookie liked by all. In this, neither butter or not much sugar is added, which I loved the most. A healthier version which can be had without any guilt. Just try this out and you all will love this. My 2-year-old is a big liker of this biscotti. What else I want… :)
- All purpose flour- 2 cups
- Baking powder- 1tsp
- Olive oil- 1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence- 1tsp
- Sugar- 3/4 cup
- Eggs- 2 nos
- Anise seeds powder- 1 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds- 3tbsp
- Honey1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds-1/4 cup
- In a bowl, beat eggs, vanilla essence and sugar well using a hand blender.
- Add the anise seeds powder, fennel powder, and sesame seeds. Blend well.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and add this to the above-made mixture and mix well.
- Place the parchment paper in a baking pan and pour this mixture into the baking pan.
- With wet hands spread this mixture evenly. Over this pour honey and spread with a spoon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds by covering the top.
- Bake for about 30 min or a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- When it cools, using a serrated knife cut into pieces.
- Keep the cut side up and bake for 8 min n bake the other side for another 8 min n enjoy when cool.