Healthy, flavorful and tastier is what we call this simple and comforting dish which can be prepared within no time on a lazy Sunday. This dish is very filling and which is loaded with colorful veggies and packed with proteins.
In this dish, the chicken breasts and our favorite veggies are baked together along with a dash of spices and is fully flavored with the Mediterranean herb of rosemary. Last spring I bought a lovely plant of rosemary and it survived through this winter and as I love the flavor of rosemary in my salads or other dishes, I thought of using the fresh rosemary sprigs to this dish. I usually use the dried leaves of rosemary. The distinctive taste of rosemary has taken this dish to another level.
This is an incredibly easy and a satisfying meal, which can be prepared for lunch or dinner.
When you feel lazy to cook, try out some of these delicious and healthier one pot baked dishes rather than calling for a take-out. You can have this without chicken, just add all your favorite veggies and tada an amazingly delicious, the heavenly dish will be ready within minutes to enjoy.
- Boneless Chicken- 500 gms
- Paprika- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Garlic (crushed)- 5 cloves
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs- 1 no
- Balsamic Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Mushrooms- 1 Cup
- Capsicum- 1 cup
- Broccoli- 1 Cup
- Cucumber- 1 no
- Spinach- 1 Cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
- Balsamic Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Clean, wash and pat dry the chicken. Make slits and keep this aside.
- Mix paprika, salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder, crushed garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, vinegar and lemon juice in a glass bowl. Spread this paste on the slitted chicken well on both the side. Keep this for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the capsicum, mushrooms and chop the cucumber, spinach, and broccoli into sizes. Smear little oil on top of the veggies along with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking tray with a parchment paper and arrange the veggies as shown or mix everything together and place them on the parchment paper on the baking tray.
- Line another baking tray with parchment paper and place the marinated boneless chicken pieces and bake both the veggies and the chicken for about 20- 25 minutes or until the veggies are cooked and the chicken gets tender.
- When done, remove the vegetables and chicken from the oven. Slice the chicken to bite sized pieces and arrange the required amount of veggies and sliced chicken in serving plate, enjoy warm.