Monday, September 24, 2018

Chukku Kaapi/ Dry Ginger Coffee



Chukku Kaapi is also called as herbal coffee, which is a herbal medicinal decoction and a great home remedy for a sore throat, cold, cough and mild fever. This magical drink is hot, spicy, sweet, strong and very aromatic. Whenever I make this coffee, the whole house will be filled with the aroma. My mom used to make this often whenever we fell sick.



This time around when I made the herbal coffee, there was something new that I got to experiment which turns out to be the first of its kind in my blog. Here I am, introducing to you, the beautiful copper mugs sent to me all the way from Canada. Thanks a bunch to Jessica (www.moscowmuled.com) for sending these over to me. You can check their page to know more about these mugs.



I was so excited to see those mugs and it almost never crossed my mind before that we could use these copper mugs in other types of beverages other than the actual "Moscow Mule". While I am on this topic, I have to mention that there are traditional claims about the health benefits of using copper utensils. There are different schools of thought supporting this claim and otherwise.




However, a general concern about copper utensils is the possibility of copper toxicity. But the makers of this particular brand of Moscow Mule mugs have done a good job of thinking through this and these beautiful mugs are made with stainless steel lining in the inside of these mugs.

The herbal coffee which I made today was my first beverage in these copper mugs.

Ingredients:

  1. Dry Ginger Powder- 1tbsp
  2. Ginger (grated)- 1 tbsp
  3. Coffee Powder- 1 tbsp
  4. Jaggery Powder- 2 tbsp
  5. Whole Pepper- 2 tbsp
  6. Water- 2 Cups 

Method:

  1. Boil the water. Meanwhile, crush the whole peppercorns along with ginger.
  2. Add the jaggery in the boiling water. When it starts melting add the ginger powder and the crushed ginger and pepper. Let it boil.
  3. Add the coffee after a minute and switch of the flame. Inhale the steam coming from the coffee, it will enhance your senses.
  4. Sip the hot coffee slowly by enjoying the aroma.




2 comments:

  1. Just needed for the flu season going on! I love chukku kaapi and have it frequently...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Rafee, a perfect for cold weather. I too make it often.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...