Ladies finger (Okra) is very rich in nutrional content and is said to help in weight loss.
And the most interesting part is that my husband doesn't like Okra. In fact, he doesn't like most of the vegetables, so I have to innovate new vegetable dishes. It is a very simple recipe and pairs well with rice.
- Okra(ladies finger)- 1/4kg
- Small Onions- 9nos
- Curry Leaves- few
- Salt- as per taste
- Mustard Seeds- 1/2tsp
- Red Chilly Powder- 2tsp
- Oil- 2tsp
- Clean ladies finger, cut both ends and slice them into tiny rings.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour the oil. Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add finely cut ladies finger, onions and curry leaves with salt.
- Mix well. Cover the pan cook and stir in between.
- When ladies finger turns tender, remove the lid and saute until the ladies finger turns crispy.
- Now it attains a dark brown colour.
- Switch off the flame now, add the red chilly powder and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
Do not add water to okra.Do not stir often as this breaks the okra and it tends to get sticky