This is an excellent snack / appetizer which will be loved by all the non veggies. Fish finger has a crunchy crispiness outside and softness of tender fish inside. They can be baked in the oven, shallow fried, grilled or deep fried. In all the ways they are quite appealing and appetizing.
I have been thinking of making this but I didn’t know what type of fish is used for this. Most of the fish fingers are made with salmon, which we get very rarely. So I thought of buying a fleshy fish and ended up with black pomfret and the result was scrumptious. My little one couldn’t stop munching till the last. These days I make them regularly as fish (as compared to any other non-veg) is very nutritious and healthy for kids.
In this recipe, the fish is cut into rectangles, marinated with spices, covered in breadcrumbs and fried in oil. Fish fingers can also be used as a filling for burger and sandwiches.
- Fish- 500gms
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 2tsp
- Pepper powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as required
- Lemon juice- 1tbsp
- Egg- 1no
- Corn flour- ½ cup (for coating)
- Bread Crumbs- ½ cup (for coating)
- Oil- for deep frying
- Wash and cut the fish into finger shaped pieces.
- Combine ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, pepper powder, Lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Marinate the finger shaped fish in the above mix and let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile heat oil in wok for deep frying.
- Beat the egg with little salt and keep it aside.
- After 30 minutes dip and coat each fish finger in the egg mixture and then roll in the corn flour and bread crumbs well. Deep fry in hot oil till they turn golden brown.
- Serve it with tartar sauce or tomato sauce as usual.