One evening, when my Husband came back from office, the house was filled with the aroma of a cake which was baking in the oven. He was too delighted to have a piece of the banana almond cake which I usually make for my little one. So he asked me to bake yet another cake using my newly bought cake pan.
However the cake turns, he is usually ok with that. So I simply thought of baking a basic chocolate cake along the similar lines how I usually make the banana almond cake.
Thinking about the chocolate cake,sometime before I read about a moist cake in Raks blog. She is a perfect and a great cook and she has lots of collections in her space.
I made the cake and it turned out really good and my husband even shared the cake with his colleagues. He tells me they all liked it a lot. Not sure.. need to check when I meet them next time :-)
Anyways, I was satisfied the way it came out and I had another cake recipe for my blog.
We like it to be simple so I didn’t do any decorations, but simply kept a jelly rose over the top and sprinkled some chocolate vermicelli which I had used to decorate my black forest cake.
- All purpose flour / Maida- 1 ½ cup
- Sugar- 1cup
- Cocoa powder- 3tbsp
- Oil- ¼ cup
- Baking Soda- 1tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Water- 1cup
- Salt- 1pinch
- Walnuts (crushed)- ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence- ½ tsp
- Sieve the all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking soda twice atleast to mix evenly.
- Mix water and sugar well till the sugar completely dissolves. Add lemon juice, salt, oil and vanilla essence and mix well. In this mixture add the flour mixture and mix until no lumps are formed.
- In this add the chopped and crushed walnuts. After mixing the batter will be smooth watery texture.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. By the time grease the cake pan with few drops of oil and flour.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for about 35 - 40min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After done, let it cool completely and then cut into pieces and enjoy.