I love greens a lot and make it a point to cook it often. These greens are available in all the seasons in abundance.
In this, the leaf is used as a herb and the seed is well known as a spice. The herb grows around 2 feet in height and has slender stems. The leaves will be in light green colour. The leaves can be used fresh and also dried.
Earlier, I was not a big fan of these leaves due to its bitter taste, but later I was introduced to this excellent, easy and simple pulao by my dear friend. That day I realised that these leaves can be transformed into a delicious dish.
This wonder herb is rich in minerals and has several medicinal values. These leaves will add flavor and zest to cooking. This can be added in dal, rice, chapathis and so on. Off late, many of my Sunday lunches consists of this pulao and a side dish.
- Methi Leaves / Fenugreek Leaves- 1 small bunch
- Rasam Powder- 2tbsp
- Rice (cooked)- 2cups
- Onions (chopped)- 2nos
- Garlic (chopped)- 7-8nos
- Cinnamon stick- 1”piece
- Cloves- 3nos
- Cardamom- 2nos
- Salt- as per taste
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Drop the cloves, cinnamon, cardomom, chopped onions and garlic in the sizzling hot ghee and stir well till translucent.
- In this add the chopped fenugreek leaves and salt. Mix well till the raw smell disappears.
- When it is mixed well add the rasam powder and stir well.
- Add the cooked rice, mix well and serve hot with raita.