We all know fruits and vegetables are healthy and nutritious. If we can make a dessert out of it, then there is nothing like that. I used to make either carrot or beetroot halwa, but this is the first time I am trying the combination of both the veggies which is full of fiber content and makes a low calorie food.
In this if you want you can add khoya, condensed milk to improve taste, but I sticked to the basic ingredients and it ended up as a luscious dessert ..... slurp slurp.... :)
This is so simple and can be made within minutes, so can be tried at any time of the day... This is an effortless, low calorie, guilt free, sugar free dessert. So what are you waiting for? Just dig into this heavenly sweet.....
- Beetroot (peeled & grated)- 1 no
- Carrots (peeled & grated)- 3 nos
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Milk- 1cup
- Cardamom powder- 2 tsp
- Almonds (roasted)- for decoration
- Heat a kadai and pour ghee, add the grated beetroot and carrots and stir well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add milk and let it cook for some time. Stir in between. Cook till the mixtures becomes dry.
- In this add sugar and mix well till everything is well combined. Sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Garnish with roasted almonds and serve hot.