At last I have managed to take some snaps of this chicken pickle before it vanished from the bottle. When I made this pickle, my husband who is a big fan of pickles (especially when it is made of chicken) said that it would finish off within 2 days and so it happened.
From the time I made this pickle, he was consuming it with almost everything from upma, dosa, rice and even idli !!. So now as it is much in demand, I manage to prepare this often before it gets finished off.
I love to make pickles as this was like a big challenge for me to prepare and store it without getting spoiled. This pickle I never stored in refrigerator. It would stay perfect outside.
From so long I was thinking of preparing this pickle but whenever I fried the chicken pieces, it would be vanished within seconds... But this time I managed to make this when I was alone at home. I googled for many recipes and atlast I finalised with this recipe. I made changes according to my specifications.
- Boneless Chicken- 250 gms
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 2 tbsps
- Garam Masala powder- 1 tbsp
- Ginger and Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- For the gravy:
- Oil- ¼ cup
- Mustard Seeds- 2 tbsp
- Red Chillies- 8-10 nos
- Curry leaves- few
- Green Chillies- 4-5 nos
- Ginger( grated)- 2 tbsp
- Garlic- 10- 15 pods
- Asafoetida- 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 3 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Vinegar- 3- 4 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder,ginger and garlic paste and salt. Keep this aside for about 1hr..
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown in colour. Drain and keep this in a paper towel.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, when they splutter add red chillies, curry leaves and stir well.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic pods.When they turn golden brown add asafoetida powder and red chilli powder, mix and add the fried chicken pieces and at last add salt and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and when it gets cooled add vinegar and enjoy this delicious pickle.