Christmas season is around the corner, I can see many blogs filled with yummilicious cakes.Sometimes my little one sits along with me and goes through all the sites which I am checking and she started asking for cakes or cupcakes for school. I was in no mood to bake after all the baking last week. But since it was a rare request from my little one, I started again.
Thinking about them, I baked again. This would have been better with lemon glaze but since for home baking, I won’t use much sugar, I ended up decorating the cupcakes with sprinkles, which were looking very cute and attractive.
These cupcakes are truly lighter and a perfect “melt in your mouth” type.
- Maida- 1 ¼ Cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Sugar- ¾ Cup
- Butter- ½ Cup
- Eggs- 2 nos
- Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 2 nos
- Lemon Zest- 1 no
- Milk- ¼ Cup
- Sprinkles- Few
- Sieve maida and baking powder thrice and keep it aside.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla essence till creamy and fluffy. Cream the butter and sugar to light pale colour. In this add the egg mixture and beat well.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and stir well.
- Fold the flour and milk to the butter mixture alternately, till everything is well incorporated.
- Line baking tray with cupcake liners, pour the batter in each cupcake liner and decorate with some sprinkles on top. Bake for about 20 minutes and enjoy these tangilicious cupcakes.