When ever I go to KFC or McDonald, my favorite snack other than french fries are these chicken nuggets. I love these small, cute, crispy chicken snacks which we can pop easily one after the other and which will be finished within minutes.
This is my version of the lip-smacking chicken nuggets. One evening I was in a mood to eat some hot and spicy snack and I thought of this, and as my kid is a big fan of chicken, I knew that she will love this. With minimal ingredients, it turned out to be an amazing snack. You can make these in batches and freeze them. Whenever needed, just take it out and deep fry them. If you like to, then while marinating, you can add buttermilk and then squeeze and coat them in corn flakes or bread crumbs.
After making this at home once, now on I will prepare this at home rather than eat it outside.
Homemade chicken nuggets are much healthier and tastier than what we get from fast food joints. Here is the recipe on how to prepare chicken nuggets, hope you all will enjoy this…
- Boneless Chicken- 250 gms
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Ginger and garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
- Dried Oregano- ½ tbsp (optional)
- Coriander Leaves- 2 tbsp
- Egg- 1 no
- Crushed Corn Flakes- 1 Cup
- Pepper Powder- 1 tbsp
- Cut the boneless chicken to small pieces.
- In a bowl mix the chicken along with red chilli powder, salt, ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice, dried oregano and at last coriander leaves.
- Mix well and keep this aside.
- Meanwhile beat the egg in a shallow bowl. In another bowl crush the cornflakes and mix with salt and pepper.
- Take the marinated chicken pieces and dip them in egg and then coat them in cornflakes and arrange them in a plate.
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry these nuggets till it turns golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.