Since quite some time now, I was in search of fresh blueberries, but I couldn’t get any and those which we get in market were so expensive that I decided to get it through my brother who works in the UK, when he was planning to visit me in July.
I am a huge fan of fresh blueberries. When I visited UK and Europe last year , I had eaten these blueberries in tonnes. My bro was not sure whether they will stay fresh till he reaches Bangalore, but I was confident and he bought about 2- 3 packets. I wanted to make many dishes out of these, but ended up eating most of it, just like that. And with the last few which I had saved, I made these cupcakes and also a blueberry milkshake (which I will be sharing later).
In these cupcakes, I have added fresh blueberries along with white chocolate chips and lemon zest. The lemon zest imparts a strong citrusy flavor to these cupcakes. These lemon, blueberry and chocolate chip cupcakes would make a perfect addition to your breakfast menu. Try this out and you will end up eating more…
- Blueberries- 1 Cup
- All Purpose Flour- 1 ½ Cups
- Baking Powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Baking Soda- ¼ tsp
- salt- a pinch
- Sugar- 1 Cup
- Butter- ¼ Cup
- Egg- 1 no
- Buttermilk- ½ Cup
- Milk- ½ Cup
- Lemon Zest- 1 lemon
- Chocolate Chips- ½ Cup (I have used white chocolate chips).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Coat the blueberries and chocolate chips in 1 tbsp of flour so that it won't sink to the bottom when baked. Keep this aside.
- Beat the eggs along with lemon zest till fluffy. In another bowl beat the butter and sugar till light and cream.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt thrice and keep this aside.
- In the above egg mixture add the buttermilk and beat well.
- Slowly fold the sieved flour mixture alternating with milk into the wet ingredients well till the flour and milk gets finished.
- Add the coated blueberries and chocolate chips in the above cake batter and pour this in a greased cupcake liners and bake for about 20- 25 minutes.