Sadhya is an essential part of Onam. But having an Onam sadhya in a Bangalore restaurant is a very tedious procedure like reservations, queues, waiting and so on … Once for an Onam, we went to have sadhya in a Kerala restaurant, but after seeing the long queue, all our excitement was lost and on that day, finally we ended up having an italian lunch. Can you imagine italian food on a Onam day... :)
- Ash Gourd- 1 Cup (cubed)
- Yellow pumpkin- 1 Cup (cubed)
- Coconut Milk- ¾ Cup (thin Milk) and ¼ Cup (thick Milk)
- Cow pea Beans- ¼ Cup
- Green Chillies-2 nos
- Curry Leaves- few
- Coconut oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Pressure cook the cowpea beans till they get cooked properly.
- Boil the ash gourd, yellow pumpkin, slit green chillies in little water. Add required amount of salt.
- When this gets cooked well add the pressure cooked beans,thin coconut milk and salt. Let it boil for few minutes.
- Lower the flame and add the thick coconut milk. Switch off the flame and add the coconut oil and curry leaves.