Pickles are staple in our home. Whatever be the gravy, a tinge of pickle is a must. So I never let any pickle bottle to empty. One is finished, the other will be ready.
Garlics are loved much in our family. It also has many medicinal values and can even be eaten raw. This pickle will be very good for digestion as well, especially along with a heavy binge meal !!
- Garlic Cloves- 250 gms
- Dry Red Chillies- 7-8 nos
- Curry leaves- few
- Red Chilli Powder- ¼ Cup
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida Powder- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Powder- 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds- 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds- 1 tsp
- Gingelly Oil- ¼ Cup
- Salt- as required
- Vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai. Splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add the curry leaves, dry red chillies and the garlic cloves.
- Stir for a minute. Remove from flame, add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder and asafoetida. Mix well.
- Add the vinegar and mix. Let it cool and store in clean glass bottle.