Yesterday was my dad’s birthday and so this post is for my dad who loves this palak paneer. You read it right, he likes palak paneer. But today’s post is of palak tofu. I have added tofu instead of paneer as tofu is said to be one of the healthiest foods available in the world.
My dad likes palak paneer a lot, so I made this palak tofu, which is almost the same as paneer. This is a simple and a quick version of palak paneer. Adding cream is an option. A completely healthy vegan dish which can be served along with rotis/ naans/ pulav.
- Palak- a bunch
- Tofu- 1 cup (cut into cubes)
- Ginger and Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies- 3 nos
- Onions- 2 nos
- Tomatoes- 1 no
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tbsp
- Garlic ( crushed)- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Golden fry the cubed tofu pieces in little oil. Drain on a kitchen towel. Sprinkle little salt.
- Wash and drain spinach. Pour boiled water over this spinach and close with a lid. After 10 minutes drain the spinach and pour cold water to retain the green colour of spinach. Drain this after 5 minutes and keep this aside.
- Grind the soaked spinach along with green chillies and ginger, garlic paste.
- In a kadai heat oil, splutter cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions and crushed garlic. When they turn translucent add chopped tomatoes. Stir well till they turn mushy.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Add the pureed spinach and little water. Stir for about 5- 10 minutes, till everything is blended.
- Add the garam masala powder. When the gravy begins to thicken drop the lightly fried tofu pieces.
- Stir gently and simmer on a low flame for about 4- 5 minutes. Serve along roti, chapathi and so on.