I am so sorry that I have completely forgotten my blog from the past one month. Actually my little one is keeping me damn busy. I am not getting time to check other blogs or do anything in my blog.
New year, new recipes, new ideas……. everything I had planned, but couldn’t do much. So while my little one was sleeping, I started this post.
Todays recipe is one of my favorite biryani, which my mom makes whenever I demand. So this time. This is an easy dish that has an authentic taste of hyderabadi biryani. Just try this out and experience it…
- Mutton- ½ kg
- Basmati Rice- 4 Cups
- Water- 4 ½ Cups
- Onions (sliced)- 5nos
- Green Chillies- 4 nos
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes- 3 nos
- Red Chilli Powder- 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
- Curd- 1 Cup
- Cardamom Seeds- 4-5 nos
- Cloves- 6-7 nos
- Cinnamon Stick- 1 no
- Chopped Mint and Coriander Leaves- 1 cup
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Wash and drain rice. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a large pot. Splutter the cardamom seeds, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir fry rice for about a minute and add water. Cover and cook till it is ¾ done. Keep this aside.
- For the gravy:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the sliced onions. When it turns transluent add the ginger and garlic paste and green chillies.
- Fry for a minute on high flame. When everything is mixed well add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add the curd and mix for 2 minutes. In this add the tomatoes and salt. Stir till it mashed well.
- Add the mint and coriander leaves. In this add teh drained mutton, Cover and cook till the mutton becomes soft and chewy.
- In a large pot alternate the cooked rice and mutton gravy, starting with the gravy and ending with rice. In between pour little ghee and saffron mixed milk if needed.
- Cover the pot tightly using a wet cloth and then with a lid. Keep this pot on a tawa over slow fire. Let it cook for about 10 minutes till well combined.
- Serve this amazingly delicious biryani along with raita, dates chutney or green chillies chutney.