Paneer butter masala is a dish which I usually order whenever I visit a vegetarian restaurant. This dish is a good combination of rotis, parathas and also with all varieties of rice. I was searching for restaurant style paneer butter masala and I stumbled upon Food Viva, which had lovely step by step pics and a very simple but tasty recipe. I loved the recipe and tried, it came out perfect.
This recipe is a hit in my home. My husband and my little ones loves paneer a lot and so this one is made all the time.
In this dish the soft paneer is well soaked and mixed in mildly spiced onion tomato cashew gravy. This can be made with tofu also.This paneer butter masala can be made in different methods. Long back I have posted a different variety of this paneer butter masala. This is just another method. Just try this and you will love this delicious recipe.
- Paneer ( cubed)- 2 cups
- Onions- 2 nos
- Tomatoes- 3 nos
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green chillies- 2 nos
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts- 6- 7 nos
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Milk- ½ cup
- Water- ½ cup
- Kasuri Methi- 1 tbsp
- Cream- ¼ cup
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Soak the cashew nuts for 30 minutes and grind to a paste. Keep this aside.
- Grind onions and purée the tomatoes.
- Heat oil, add the ground onions, fry till it becomes light brown in colour.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Stir well. In this add the puréed tomatoes, green chillies and red chilli powder.
- Add the cashew paste, coriander powder and garam masala. Stir well till the oil separates. Add milk and water.
- Mix well, add salt. After about 10 minutes on low flame add the cubed paneer.
- Sprinkle some kasuri methi on top and switch off the flame.
- Pour some cream on top and serve along with rotis, naan, pulav and so on.