Burger is US’s quintessential comfort food, that can be enjoyed anytime of the day without counting the calories. There are endless number of varieties and sold in many road side joints.
My little one is a big fan of KFC and McDonald's burgers, but after coming here we have reduced to go to these places, instead I started making them at home. Who want to eat the outside burgers when you can make a perfect, delicious burgers at home. Even though it takes time, homemade ones are the best.
Usually mayonnaise is used for the burgers, instead I have used sriracha sauce. We can use anything of our choice. If not just the buns, patties and choice of veggies will be fine. Just try this and enjoy an amazing snack at home...
- Minced Mutton- 100 gms
- Egg- 1 no
- Mint Leaves (chopped)- 3 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (chopped)- 3 tbsp
- Ginger (chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies (chopped)- 4- 5 nos
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Burger Buns- 5- 6 nos
- Sriracha Sauce- as required
- Lettuce Leaves (shredded)- ½ Cup
- Clean the minced meat well and let it drain.
- In a bowl take the drained minced mutton, chopped green chillies, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chopped mint & coriander leaves, egg, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and required amount of salt. Mix well with hand.
- Divide and shape them in the form of cutlets. Shallow fry them in little oil till it turns golden brown on both the sides and keep it aside.
- Toast the burger buns with a little butter and keep it aside.
Assembling the burger:
- Place the burger, spread with sriracha sauce, over that place the prepared mutton kebabs followed by shredded lettuce leaves and at last place the other half burger bun.