Thursday, July 6, 2017

Surprise M&M Chocolate Cupcakes


Excuse me all as I have been away for a while from blogging. In between, we shifted the house and lots of packing, unpacking, moving stuff here and there, throwing things and so on, lots of things are happening around. I thought I cannot blog till we got settled with everything, but I sneaked some time from packing, for my little space and today I am with a recipe which was in my archives.


These surprise cupcakes I made for my daughter’s birthday for her classmates. If you remember, I posted a lego cake for her birthday. Along with that birthday cake, I made these cupcakes.
She wanted something special for her class, and I came with the idea of these surprise cupcakes. I first thought of mixing the M&M's in the cake batter, but saw many videos on youtube and got the idea of how to hide the M&M’s.



Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, I cut open the middle portion of the cupcake and scooped out a little bit of cake from the middle using a spoon to form a well. Then I placed 6- 7 M&M’s in the cupcakes and covered with the top portion of the cupcake and frosted it with the chocolate buttercream frosting. My daughter helped me with scooping out the cake and placing the M&M’s. It would be fun for the kids to help you out in small things.



It was a hit among her class friends and she was so happy that she again wanted the same cupcakes for her birthday party, which I ended up baking. These cupcakes are special for any occasion and more over kids will get attracted to this. Try this out and let me know.
Ingredients:
Butter Cream Frosting
Ingredients:
  1. Butter- 1 Cup
  2. Cocoa Powder- 3 tbsp
  3. Sugar- ½  Cup
  4. Milk- 2 tbsp
  5. Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
Method:
  1. Cream all the ingredients till well combined. If the frosting appears dry add little more milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
  2. If it appears wet and does not hold, add little more sugar, a tablespoon at a time, till it reaches the desired consistency.
Assembling the surprise cupcakes:

  • Once the baked cupcakes are cooled, scoop out the middle portion using a spoon and fill with 6- 7 M&M’s and close the top portion of the cupcake. Frost the cupcakes using the chocolate buttercream frosting into desired shapes and enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. That is definitely a good surprise. I am sure the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...